Pulled Pork Hash With Poached Eggs
*4 tablespoons Unsalted butter
*1 medium yellow onion; small diced
*1 small red bell pepper; small diced
*2 cups Yukon Gold Potatoes; cooked in boiling water 15 minutes – diced small
*2 cups Crazy Good Eats Pulled Pork or leftover Thanksgiving turkey
*Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
*2 tablespoons White Vinegar
1. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot add the butter, onion and red bell pepper with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables begin to soften, about five minutes. Increase the heat to high and add the potatoes in an even layer. Cook, stirring as little as needed, until everything gets golden brown. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Stir in the pulled pork or Thanksgiving turkey and heat through. Keep warm on low heat.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a hard simmer and add vinegar. Crack each egg into their own small cup or ramekin and set aside. When the water is up to temperature, vigorously stir the water with a spoon then drop the eggs in to the water one by one. Because of the funnel effect of the water, the egg whites will wrap around themselves. Cook without moving the eggs until the whites are set, about four minutes.
4. Timing, so the eggs are not quite done, taste your hash for seasoning, and then transfer to plates or a platter. When the eggs are ready, gently remove them from the water one by one with a slotted spoon. Lay them on top of the hash.
5. Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, and/or spicy green chili salsa.