Recipe: Bourbon Candied Bacon
Bacon — especially smoked bacon — is so fantastic on its own, it doesn’t seem like there could be any improvement. But a little bourbon and a little sweetness takes it to another level we couldn’t have dreamed possible.
The best part about this recipe is that, like regular bacon, it’s addictive on its own, but also punches up a BLT, regular sandwiches, salads, and more. We love them as a topping over deviled eggs.
Because with bacon, and with bourbon, you really can’t go wrong no matter how you serve it up.
- 1 lb. thick cut smoked bacon (hickory or applewood)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup (2 oz.) bourbon
- Preheat oven to 375 ℉.
- Line an aluminum baking sheet with foil.
- Bake bacon for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix brown sugar and bourbon, stirring until sugar has dissolved
- Remove bacon from the oven. With a silicon basting brush, brush bacon on both sides with bourbon and sugar mixture.
- Return pan to oven and bake at 375 ℉ for 10-20 minutes until bacon is crisp around the edges
- Cool bacon over wire cooling rack for 5 minutes — bacon will continue to crisp up as it cools.
- Enjoy, and try not to eat all at once!