Easy Ham and Cheese Sliders
For your next tailgate, game day, or holiday party try these easy ham and cheese sliders for some smoky, meaty, cheesy goodness (with a veggie, and other BBQ options).
Slider buns have become popular because they are so versatile. Sliders are perfect for kid sandwiches, they satisfy the adult with a smaller appetite or someone eating lighter, while providing options to add a second or third for the heartier eater.
Porky’s Combo Sliders
Easy to make and to serve, these pulled pork, ham, and cheese sliders can’t get any better! Heating them will melt the cheese and toast the crust, yum!
- Crazy Good Eats smoked, cured, sliced ham, pulled pork, and barbecue sauce
- Your favorite cheese, we suggest Provolone
- Slider buns, or your favorite dinner rolls
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Butter or spray your pan.
- Place your slider bottoms into the pan, tucked together to cover the bottom of the pan (in this case 12).
- Place 2oz of sliced ham on each slider.
- Add 2oz pulled pork per slider on top of the ham.
- Squirt on some CGE BBQ Sauce (Option: add 3 pickle slices)
- Add slice of Provolone Cheese
- Put the top of the bun on the slider
- Brush the tops with butter, or food spray lightly. (Option: sprinkle with Kosher, or garlic salt)
- Cover the pan loosely with foil.
- Put the pan in oven for 20 minutes
- Then take the foil off the pan and leave in oven for 5 more minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven. Cut along the edge of each slider to release the cheese that melted together. Using a spatula, slide under the slider to serve them. Leave the rest of the sliders in the pan to stay warm.
Fun Barbeque and Vegetarian Slider Options
Want some variety and flavor fun? Build more than one slider in the pan. Use the same method, as above, and try one or more of these combos:
- Pulled Chicken, Chipotle/Ranch Sauce, Swiss Cheese.
- Brisket with Crisp Bacon and Cheddar Cheese
- Burnt Ends with Horseradish Cream Sauce and Provolone
- Veggie: Sliced, Smoked or Roasted Portobello Mushroom, Pepper Jack Cheese.
For a tailgate, party, or family celebration these easy cheesy barbecue sliders are always a hit.