Smoked Chicken Salad
SUMMER HEAT kills an appetite. Cool, light, amped up chicken salad will bring it back! CGE’s smoked, pulled BBQ chicken breast is moist and flavorful, blending perfectly with fresh and tangy flavors, a little crunch for texture, and red grapes for brilliance and juiciness. Load some up on artisanal bread or a croissant with crispy bacon, sliced tomato and crisp lettuce for an outrageous club, heap on a fresh, green salad, stuff in a half avocado, add a jalapeno to kick it up a notch. Oh, the possibilities!
CGE’s Smoked Chicken Salad
- 2lbs CGE Smoked Pulled Chicken (Chop if you prefer a smaller bite)
- 1 Stalk Celery cut into ¼ inch dice
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped Parsley
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise (optional Greek Yogurt substitute)
- 2 teaspoons strained fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoke paprika
- ¼ cup Red Onion/Red Pepper finely diced
- ¼ cup Walnuts diced, (options: slivered almonds, or chopped pecans)
- 1 cup of Red Grapes (Green will work too) quartered or halved lengthwise depending on size (Option: dried cranberries)
- Optional for some KICK!: Add 1/2 Jalapeno finely diced, or go Crazy Good with 2 CGE Jalapeno Poppers diced into a spread
In a large bowl, mix the chicken, celery, parsley, red onion, walnuts, and grapes. Add the diced jalapeno if using it.
In small bowl, whisk together the mayo, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika (and the Jalapeno Poppers). Mix thoroughly.
Add the mayo mixture to the chicken mixture and fold to incorporate. Refrigerate for an hour or until ready to use.
CGE’s Smoked Pulled Chicken is great warm with pepper jack cheese in sandwiches, tacos, and as a dinner entrée. Pick up some today for a delicious meal your family will love.